Sinularia issue, base cracked,

-XENOMORPH-

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2017
Messages
598
Reaction score
422
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had a 4 or 5 finger staulk 8 inch to 9 " long happy sinularia? Green. For a year. About 3 weeks ago, it started retracting. I had moved it away from an anemonee that was bothering it. I figured it would be fine. But now i notice a "tear"? In base and black stuff? And it has been shrunken up for a while. 2 weeks. Pics attached. Is it dying? Rot? Sick? Should I glue it closed? Infected? Remove it? Thankyou for advice.

20221111_141002.jpg 20221111_140959.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20221111_141007.mp4
    32.8 MB
So I had a 4 or 5 finger staulk 8 inch to 9 " long happy sinularia? Green. For a year. About 3 weeks ago, it started retracting. I had moved it away from an anemonee that was bothering it. I figured it would be fine. But now i notice a "tear"? In base and black stuff? And it has been shrunken up for a while. 2 weeks. Pics attached. Is it dying? Rot? Sick? Should I glue it closed? Infected? Remove it? Thankyou for advice.

20221111_141002.jpg 20221111_140959.jpg
May be lack of calcium requirements and even light
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new