SirCrush's 75 Gallon Build

SirCrush32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good day Reefers!!!

As I am prepping for my 180 Build and cleaning up the tank and components. I decided I wanted to build a smaller setup for my daughter. So we found a 75 Gallon tank and stand. So I told her if she helps we can build this one first since I won't go to crazy on this one since we have the 180 build we're doing also.

So here is the build:

• 75 Gallon Tank and Stand (reinforce stand and paint)
  • Neptune Apex
  • Neptune DOS
  • Neptune DDR
  • Radion XR15 Pro (x2)
  • RMS (x2)
  • Vortech MP40QD (x2)
  • Vectra S2 pump
As I am building my fish room this system will tie into my RO|DI System to automate my water changes. I will also be doing all live rock which will shorten the process and cycle time so we can start adding some cool corals and stuff into the tank. I will add more pics later today as I have a lot of the stuff done and assembled.

OP
OP
S

SirCrush32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I would add some photos and stuff to this thread. I have to show proof I'm doing something. ;Happy

I went ahead and cleaned the tank out. Notice a couple scratches. A bit bummed but I got it second hand so you have to expect the unexpected.

I have my complete setup in terms of parts. All I have to do now is put it all together.

First up will be stand reinforcement along with painting the stand a different color. I decided to go with white that will go with the rest of the house.

In parallel with the stand I will be installing the RO|DI system in the basement. I picked up two 210 gallon vertical tanks. I still have to verify the spot in my basement for the system. I want to make sure plumbing doesn't have to travel too far.

Then I will do the leak test of the tank and test my drain | re-fill system.

My goal is to have most of this done this week so by the weekend I can add the live rock. Then I will move back to the 180 gallon tank.

Attachments

• IMG_8585.jpeg
    IMG_8585.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8586.jpeg
    IMG_8586.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8587.jpeg
    IMG_8587.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8588.jpeg
    IMG_8588.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8601.jpeg
    IMG_8601.jpeg
    252.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8602.jpeg
    IMG_8602.jpeg
    358.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8604.jpeg
    IMG_8604.jpeg
    342.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8606.jpeg
    IMG_8606.jpeg
    431.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8607.jpeg
    IMG_8607.jpeg
    346.9 KB · Views: 33

TWiSTEDSOCiETY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see more. Be VERY careful with live rock, I've had very bad luck with it EVERY time I've used it. I won't introduce anything in my tank like that again. Dry rock and Dr. Tim's and Dr. Tim's ammonia will cycle a tank in a couple weeks. The hardest thing is to get you PH to stabilize for good coral growth. CO2 scrubber is something I would never go without again. You may be able to run a line from your skimmer outside and if you can DO THAT. Also get a 5th stage for your RODI system at a minimum (Chloramine in city water). You can add one on at BRS.

PS. you won't need a DDR for a long time 12-18 months. Just use your DOS for automatic water changes. Just a helpful tip to save money.

OP
OP
S

SirCrush32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see more. Be VERY careful with live rock, I've had very bad luck with it EVERY time I've used it. I won't introduce anything in my tank like that again. Dry rock and Dr. Tim's and Dr. Tim's ammonia will cycle a tank in a couple weeks. The hardest thing is to get you PH to stabilize for good coral growth. CO2 scrubber is something I would never go without again. You may be able to run a line from your skimmer outside and if you can DO THAT. Also get a 5th stage for your RODI system at a minimum (Chloramine in city water). You can add one on at BRS.

PS. you won't need a DDR for a long time 12-18 months. Just use your DOS for automatic water changes. Just a helpful tip to save money.
Thank you for the feedback.

So for my house I already have a water system already installed. I constantly test my water for other reason before this hobby. My nitrates and nitrites both were at .1.

DDR is for alkalinity and calcium.

I will be getting all my fish, corals, and frags from the same place. I've read to many stories so I will just stay away.

I have more stuff to update and post I will try to get to it later today or tomorrow.

Again thank you for the feedback.

TWiSTEDSOCiETY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what type of house water system you have, but I caution you to please read what 5 stage systems filter out vs what you currently are running for your house. You should have zero TDS and anything above that is going to wreak havoc.

You won't need any alk, calc, mag for months so the DDR in my opinion is just going to collect dust.
2 week cycle minimum, 1-2 small fish for another 2 months without any lights, potentially add some more fish and beginner coral and maintain for another 2 months with limited LPS light settings. 2 months later you can start adding easy care sps if you want and turn lighting on higher and longer. Then grow out period of 6 months before you even see a dent in your alk, calc, mag, given you do water changes frequently. I use my DOS and automatically change 1 gallon of water per day.

You may need to just pickup some small amount of Soda Ash to raise your initial Alk depending on what type of salt your using. I use Tropic Marine Pro and it comes out at 7.5 Dkh and I like to run my Alk at 9Dkh so it takes drops of Alk to maintain it after water changes.

Just trying to help bud cause I hate to see that ugly stage of the tank just ruin the whole hobby for you fighting algae and blooms. I've ran 10-15 tanks and learned from my past mistakes lol. This new tank I've ran for over a year without any coral and just fish. I just started adding coral 7 days ago.

OP
OP
S

SirCrush32

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have TDS. Trust me my water system is elite.

I do appreciate the info that you're giving me.

I know who to ask when I have questions. I still have a few weeks for this tank to even close to testing.

The fact that you took the time to write your messages I truly appreciate it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Back