OP
OP
sithrico

sithrico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting a YouTube video up sometime today. Got cloudy tank still. Bought some of the filter sock replacements from marinedepot.com. They fit great I was really surpized. You know how some say yeah it fits, but technically it does but doesn't. These fit! I have poly filter and normal filter pad together. Hoping this helps. It's been running for 2 days and is a bit less cloudy.
IMG_4879.JPG

OP
OP
sithrico

sithrico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Request from a fellow reefer, that is subscribed to my YouTube channel. If your not already do so and see how I handle this tank.
My manifold setup
BA20A650-000A-4B4F-B2FE-075C5059FF69.jpeg
Sump with ATO swap to fuge. My 5 gallon ATO jug sits on the right. You can see the Tunze pump. I'm going to handle wire management when I'm done with all equipment set up from the move.
IMG_4917.JPG
IMG_4918.JPG
My cabnet that holds the Apex, Gyre and Varios controller. It's from Ikea. Has a drawer unit on the bottom for extra storage.
IMG_4919.JPG IMG_4920.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
sithrico

sithrico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture of the tank as of the morning of Thanksgiving day. Finally all cleared up. Time to stock it up with fish. I'm going to wait until I get a dosing pump to add coral. I'm planning on using the Red Sea Reef A,B,C as my dosing method.
IMG_4925.JPG

Sppf121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Request from a fellow reefer, that is subscribed to my YouTube channel. If your not already do so and see how I handle this tank.
My manifold setup
Sump with ATO swap to fuge. My 5 gallon ATO jug sit on the right. You can see the Tunze pump. I'm going to handle wire management when I'm done with all equipment set up from the move.
IMG_4917.JPG
IMG_4918.JPG
My cabnet that holds the Apex, Gyre and Varios controller. It's from Ikea. Has a drawer unit on the bottom for extra storage.
Thank you buddy. Great pictures. That’s really going to help.

Sppf121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My manifold setup
Sump with ATO swap to fuge. My 5 gallon ATO jug sits on the right. You can see the Tunze pump. I'm going to handle wire management when I'm done with all equipment set up from the move.
IMG_4917.JPG
IMG_4918.JPG
Hey buddy. Think this is my last question... what was the adapter you used on the return line? Is it 25mm? Also did you get it from BRS?

Sppf121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are the best when I get this done I will definitely give you props and talk about your channel.

OP
OP
sithrico

sithrico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished with the @ReefersDirect live sale. Man did I do good. Shipment should arrive on Friday. Fingers crossed that's my next day off. Now in the meantime looking for a frag rack, reef roids, Coral Rx (maybe just will do the Bayer method). Going to have to get some Red Sea ABC and look for a dosing pump. I was going to wait on coral and just have a fowlr tank first. Saw the sale and what they were asking for nice corals I had to buy. Going to have an unboxing and show off video when they arrive. Can't wait.

OP
OP
sithrico

sithrico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you have a list of plumbing parts somewhere that you used to build the manifold? I like your build and would like to copy. Thanks!
I will post one up for you. I think I might make a .pdf pointing to each piece. I get loads of questions on why I did what I did and such because of the two different sizes I used. It makes a lot more sense when you see it. Heck, maybe I will just make a video in the next coming days as well. Then questions will be answered. Thanks for that feedback.

OP
OP
sithrico

sithrico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have to say that I used @Broadfield as inspiration for my manifold just had to figure something that worked in the 250 better than his setup on the 350. Check out his build here.

Here it is for everyone to enjoy. Good luck on your manifold builds.

1-inch pipe red
1/2 inch pipe red
4 - 1 inch 90s
4 - 1/2 inch 90s
2 - 1 inch 45s
2 - 1 inch T connections
2 - 1-inch unions
2 - 1 inch to 1/2 inch reducers
2 - gate 1/2 inch gate valves
2 - 1/2" Schedule 80 PVC (MPT x S) Male Adapter (This connects to the Aquamaxx reactor)
1 - 3/4" x 1" Sch 80 PVC Reducing Male Adapter (This is what helps get the hard plumbing to the reefer. You can use any size pipe but you need 3/4 male threaded to connect to the tank.)

I used a p trap method to reduce flow back into the sump. It slows the return back a lot because it needs more pressure to come back so the sump fills up less when the Varios is turned off. I wanted the slower flow to the AquaMaxx and Refugium so that is why a reduced to 1/2. I used clear PVC primer and cement for the gluing. I measured all the way to the top of the bottom of the Red Sea cabinet so I didn't have to put brackets to hold the PVC. It is a very tight fit when I'm taking the manifold off, but stays in place with zero rattling. If you have any question feel free to ask!

OP
OP
sithrico

sithrico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The begin of 2018 is doing so good for me with shipments. Bought an ATO container from Blue Tide Acrylic on Facebook on Dec 6th. His laser cutter broke last night and now that isn't getting out to me on time. Ordered test kits from BRS and 2 of them busted open during shipment I guess and leaked. Is this a sign of things to come? Hope not cause it will be very discouraging on the reef if so. Hopefully, the package due for delivery will be ok tomorrow. Ordered new equipment for Youtube videos. Fingers crossed.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back