Six line wrasse jumpers?

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I orderd some corral and a six line wrasse. It came today. I'm drip aclimating the wrass n snails and the wrasse is trying to jump out the bucket. I don't have a lid for my tank and I'm afraid he will jump out

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wrasse are definatelly prone to jumping. Get a lid asap or you may find it carpet surfing in the near future
I have a glass panel the size of the tank that will need to do. U recommend any tight fitting lids?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They are.
Covers do help . In a bucket, they are more prone to try and leap

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's been In the tank for around 30 min and already eating so hopefully he's happy

GoingBroke88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 lines are pretty tough fish and really bold. Even when a heater failure pretty much wiped out my tank, he was the fish that survived. They normally eat like pigs and can turn into the bullies of the tank. Mine harassed any new fish that came in, even fish that were twice its size. Their greatest danger is themselves - from carpet surfing.

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i made my own with some screen frame and screen. Just rest on top of my rimless tank and works great. Cost a fraction of what buying a lid does.
Yeah I like them, but doesn't it defuse the lights and make them dimmer?

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 lines are pretty tough fish and really bold. Even when a heater failure pretty much wiped out my tank, he was the fish that survived. They normally eat like pigs and can turn into the bullies of the tank. Mine harassed any new fish that came in, even fish that were twice its size. Their greatest danger is themselves - from carpet surfing.
Yeah he's hanging out with my clowns, the feamale is definitely not somebody he wants to mess with, she will put him in his place right away lol.. They seem to be getting on though she even spat some food at him and he started eating.

As far as jumping goes, If I have a glass lid on top will he be able to move it? I was fighting with him in the net lol was flapping about like no tomorrow

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
True story: I watched a Six Line Wrasse bite/rip the eyeball out of a clownfish and eat it once upon a time. :)

GoingBroke88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A plastic mesh screen would minimally affect lighting. I used one of those DIY aquarium kits. But if you just used window screen from a hardware store, it would probably knock down the lighting since it’s much finer.

The wrasse won’t be able to move a glass top, but you may have to worry about things like ventilation and temp control if you go that route.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes you will need a top.. Even with a top sometimes a wrasse still figures a way out.

Beware Six Lines can be a nasty fish. They are relentless and it is hard for a fish to get away since the six line can go most places. Another devil fish is the neon dottyback.

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you will need a top.. Even with a top sometimes a wrasse still figures a way out.

Beware Six Lines can be a nasty fish. They are relentless and it is hard for a fish to get away since the six line can go most places. Another devil fish is the neon dottyback.
As long as he doesn't kill my cleaner shrimp or hurt my clowns I'm okay with him, I simply got him for his beauty

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back