Sixline wrasse sexes

  • Thread starter Thread starter scubaSTL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

scubaSTL

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2017
Messages
9
Reaction score
9
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had a six-line for years now. I'm assuming its a male due to its large size. I have added a tiny six-line (last week). They are not fighting, its more like the little one seems to be "trying out" for the team.
I'm wondering what's the six-lines pairing should look like? What should I watch for as a precursor to watch for to know its a female not a little fella.
 
great read, the female/male portion nailed it. It would seem I have a terminal male, and have added a juvenal female. The article says the female could possibly remain female for a while but ultimately will sex to male.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new