OP
OP
Alex DeBeer

Alex DeBeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eflux 6009 up to 1050 gallons per hour,24 DC and flow adjustable. Adjustable allows you to tailor to your return pump output to overflow if required, which was in my case. I have maybe 75 + 2 gals total tank and fuge. Very happy with the low noise level of DC. Added bonus for 24v can be battery backed by 2 marine batteries in series, which should be an important consideration if power fails for 12 hours, fish can suffocate.
I picked an eshoppes r200 for the refugium. They separate the waterflow so it is reduced thru the refugium, not 1000 gph which makes sense to me.
The Aqueon looks sweet too.

I guess that’s a super good idea. I kinda forgot I already have the current USA lights, so I might as well keep going with that.
I’m going to go with that. It’s not a ton more than the other ones either.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes you can't hear it and sometimes there is an annoying hum like a mosquito. I would go down a size though.
Had a sicce on my vertex omega 150. Awesome pump, except for the intermittent noise. The vibration would cause things to move or settle. And there was that mosquito. Give it a nudge and its quiet for a while.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess that’s a super good idea. I kinda forgot I already have the current USA lights, so I might as well keep going with that.
I’m going to go with that. It’s not a ton more than the other ones either.
Any of these pumps will last some time, you might as well spend a little and get what will do the job. Some regrets for going cheap initially, when getting into the hobby, but then you realize you have to live with this stuff. Get what you want, if not too painful.

Fishurama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the aquastations. Cheap, silent as can be, and in my opinion you should always oversize your pump. If you ever get other reactors, get a new tank/sump, or if you just want it to last longer no running full power all the time.
The best one is a little over 100 bucks on ebay. Pretty good reviews from members on here. Mine has been running for over a year with no issues(knock on wood lol) and I would buy again once it fails. Thing is surprisingly quite and powerful. I have the 12000L(3100gph) @16 feet of head pressure version and I run it at 75 percent in my 120.

aquastation amazon

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the aquastations. Cheap, silent as can be, and in my opinion you should always oversize your pump. If you ever get other reactors, get a new tank/sump, or if you just want it to last longer no running full power all the time.
The best one is a little over 100 bucks on ebay. Pretty good reviews from members on here. Mine has been running for over a year with no issues(knock on wood lol) and I would buy again once it fails. Thing is surprisingly quite and powerful. I have the 12000L(3100gph) @16 feet of head pressure version and I run it at 75 percent in my 120.

aquastation amazon
I would buy a backup now just in case.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would something like this work?

Excellent, reliable pump that has been used by reefers forever. I would get that one for your situation.

ScubaShane

MENTAL REEF DISORDER!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes. That will work. But I would recommend a controllable DC pump. You can fine tune your GPH at tank entry.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Those are excellent pumps that will be reasonably quiet, and usually last for years.
Most people who want to be able to adjust the flow just use a ball valve on the return line.

Back