Sketchup models - Post yours!

blackizzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess many of us have fiddled around with [Google] Sketchup once or twice when planning our tanks, DIY projects, or even rooms. It's a great tool, so how can we as a group make it easier? ;Bookworm

We share our models for all to use, just to make it a little bit simpler or "plug and play"! :p

Most of you that have used Sketchup a few times probably have heard of " https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/ " A great library of models, free and downloadable in a second.

So please, share a picture and a link to your model (if you have) if you think someone can have use of it, or just want to share your progress! If you have any tips and tricks, share them as well, we all want to improve :)

Oh, and don't be shy, I'm guessing more than just me wants to see your sketches!

I'll start with a model I made around 5 years or so ago, which has been used by quite a few people since:
Jebao DC2000.jpg

Jebao DC2000

And a brand new sketch I just finished a few days ago:
ATI Hybrid 4x24:1LED.jpg

ATI 4x24 Hybrid

So get sharing! And a tip if you want to make it easy for people on here to find your models, use the hashtag #Reef2Reef in the description on 3D-warehouse!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never heard of this sketchup of which you speak. Is it anything like MS Paint?
This might make an interesting poll question, My answer would obviously be; "No, never heard of it."

I've got an appointment at the LFS for this afternoon, but perhaps I can open the Google later and investigate what is sketchup?
Thanks for posting.

OP
OP
blackizzz

blackizzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never heard of this sketchup of which you speak. Is it anything like MS Paint?
This might make an interesting poll question, My answer would obviously be; "No, never heard of it."

I've got an appointment at the LFS for this afternoon, but perhaps I can open the Google later and investigate what is sketchup?
Thanks for posting.

Sketchup is a program in which you can draw in 3D, using a few simple tools. It's quite intuitive, and can be used for anything from designing tiny objects to planning and designing houses or even cities! The 3d warehouse is basically what it sounds like, a warehouse for free 3d models that can be imported to your own "drawings", for free. Making something like a tank is quite simple, as you can literally just draw a square and then "pull up" to create a box, and then pushing down will create something that at least resembles a tank ;)

Try it! It's free and fun :)

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used SketchUp a "few" times for home and work projects, but this is the first time ever uploading anything to the Warehouse.
Screen shot.png
It sure helps in the planning stages to ensure everything is dimension-ally feasible. Unfortunately, my model exceeded the size limits imposed by Warehouse, so it is two parts. It can be searched as "R.R. Cube Aquarium", 1st half and 2nd half. If anyone wants to bothered with seeing it altogether you will need to download both halves and paste them together. Line up the front bottom left corner of the refugium in first half with the origin point and then line up the inside front bottom left corner of the stand in the second half to the origin point. (Sorry for the hassle. I tried downloading it myself only to find out it didn't retain its placement in relation to each other. Does anyone know a better way to do this?)

OP
OP
blackizzz

blackizzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used SketchUp a "few" times for home and work projects, but this is the first time ever uploading anything to the Warehouse.
Screen shot.png
It sure helps in the planning stages to ensure everything is dimension-ally feasible. Unfortunately, my model exceeded the size limits imposed by Warehouse, so it is two parts. It can be searched as "R.R. Cube Aquarium", 1st half and 2nd half. If anyone wants to bothered with seeing it altogether you will need to download both halves and paste them together. Line up the front bottom left corner of the refugium in first half with the origin point and then line up the inside front bottom left corner of the stand in the second half to the origin point. (Sorry for the hassle. I tried downloading it myself only to find out it didn't retain its placement in relation to each other. Does anyone know a better way to do this?)
That's cool! I'm not sure how to "merge" the two models easiest :confused: You could perhaps move both halves away from the origin point and draw a single line to that, attached to something in your model. This way it should stay in place, and when you paste/import the second half it should be easy to place in the correct spot.

Miguel Medina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they are downloaded and imported once there is EXPLOTED models and marking everything is formed as a group

MrObscura

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! Chalice, top three of my fav corals
Yea, I really dig chalices, so I dedicated a section to them. I have 4 now, a bubblegum monster, pink *******, and 2 no names. But the no names are struggling and don't look great due to what I think was a combo of bleaching/dinos, resulting from starving when my rank was to clean.

And I'm definitely leaving a spot open for when I find a deal on a rainbow or stained glass type.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back