Skimate as garden fertilizer?

wolfen281

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2020
Messages
156
Reaction score
154
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any thoughts, experiences, or just random comments on using skimate for plants?

I'm thinking my banana trees would dig it.
 
I have to agree about salt being a problem but maybe diluted with freshwater would work.
 
I agree with the salt issue. It’s a bad idea. I’m sure some have gotten away with it, but you’re going to probably do more harm then good.
 
Arghhh...totally forgot about the salt. Thanks everyone.
 
I do use chaeto as mulch for my house plants - the dead bristle worm probably act as fertilizer - smile
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new