Skimmate maybe to wet

ducati1212

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2019
Messages
174
Reaction score
81
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just read the other skimmer question and mine is not to far off. I am getting very wet skim? Is that good bad neither?

Should I adjust the skimmer? Its a fairly new tank around 6 weeks ish with maybe 6 fish. reefer 350 75 gallons.

thoughts


IMG_7103.jpg
IMG_7104.jpg
 
Yeah, way to wet. It’s not good, strips nutrients, throws off your salinity, dial it back.
 
There are 2 adjustments. air and water I am assuming I dial back the water and turn air up?
 
There are 2 adjustments. air and water I am assuming I dial back the water and turn air up?
Yea. Less water more air. You want it so the bubbles start foaming where the neck and cup meet. It’s normal for it to not collect anything the first day or two after you tune it down.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new