Skimmer a love hate relationship

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2018
Messages
4,238
Reaction score
27,584
Location
Western Ma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all As the title says I love it for all its pulling from the water column and have come to hate the cleaning.
Currently I pull it out into a bucket and hit the utility sink with a clean rag and RO water to clean it up. I don’t think there are any magic tricks to make it a slightly less unpleasant task but if anyone can recommend a tool or technique other than a clean rag it would be appreciated.
I had a brush but even rinsing the heck out of it left a stink on it the boss didn’t like near laundry space
Thanks for any tips
 
Hi all As the title says I love it for all its pulling from the water column and have come to hate the cleaning.
Currently I pull it out into a bucket and hit the utility sink with a clean rag and RO water to clean it up. I don’t think there are any magic tricks to make it a slightly less unpleasant task but if anyone can recommend a tool or technique other than a clean rag it would be appreciated.
I had a brush but even rinsing the heck out of it left a stink on it the boss didn’t like near laundry space
Thanks for any tips
TBH, I just use my hand and then wash my hands really well with Dawn dish soap when I am done. I found it to be easier and faster than using a rag.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new