Skimmer a love hate relationship

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all As the title says I love it for all its pulling from the water column and have come to hate the cleaning.
Currently I pull it out into a bucket and hit the utility sink with a clean rag and RO water to clean it up. I don’t think there are any magic tricks to make it a slightly less unpleasant task but if anyone can recommend a tool or technique other than a clean rag it would be appreciated.
I had a brush but even rinsing the heck out of it left a stink on it the boss didn’t like near laundry space
Thanks for any tips

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all As the title says I love it for all its pulling from the water column and have come to hate the cleaning.
Currently I pull it out into a bucket and hit the utility sink with a clean rag and RO water to clean it up. I don’t think there are any magic tricks to make it a slightly less unpleasant task but if anyone can recommend a tool or technique other than a clean rag it would be appreciated.
I had a brush but even rinsing the heck out of it left a stink on it the boss didn’t like near laundry space
Thanks for any tips
TBH, I just use my hand and then wash my hands really well with Dawn dish soap when I am done. I found it to be easier and faster than using a rag.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back