Skimmer break in…

timmyrules

VERY valuable member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2024
Messages
1,155
Reaction score
2,113
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I’m breaking in a new skimmer…right now, the cup keeps filling up with water. So I just have the drain tube running back into the tank. If I turn the air up all the way, will it “break-in” faster?
 
It’s a bubble magus mini Q…the water is well below the water line…I think I found the issue though. I adjusted the air intake so it’s dry skimming, and it seems to be working now!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new