Skimmer Chamber Requirements

Noridin

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2016
Messages
387
Reaction score
209
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

What are the minimum size requirements for a skimmer chamber? Is it just large enough for the skimmer to fit or does it need some additional volume? Just talking about the foot print, I understand water height requirements.

I'm planning on building a sump for my frag tank with the Triton method in mind and only have room for an Aqueon 15 gallon in my stand.

Thanks in advance!
 
I like to keep space in there for media reactors (at least 2). Putting them in the sump is one less thing I have to worry about leaking.
 
The biggest thing is being able to get the skimmer in and out of the sump (when sump is below the DT). I slightly increase the dimension of my skimmer area because I have to angle the skimmer to get it out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new