Skimmer cycling???

  • Thread starter Thread starter aquablizz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aquablizz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2016
Messages
223
Reaction score
53
Location
South Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it normal for a protein skimmer to cycle off and on?? I am using a Aquac 180 skimmer.. First day it was pulling a lot of skim,, loads of it overflowing into a collection cup, second day almost nothing for the entire day, then this morning I wake to find it was pulling loads of skim again during the night hours but right now all the bubbles have collapsed again and it's just barely creating any bubbles at all,, just some small fine bubbles. 75 gal display tank with fish only, approx. 20" of fish, sump is approx. 30gals.

Any idea's or thoughts would be appreciated.

Blizz
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new