skimmer for an 80g cube

reef tank 2.0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now that I am ready to set up my 80g cube, I have realized that I ran into a skimmer roadblock.
In my previous 135G set up, I was using a Reef Octopus 200INT skimmer. When I sold the tank I kept all my old equipment to reuse it for this new set up. Although I knew the equipment would be oversized for the new cube, At least then i know I would be covered and it would require less money to get back up and running. Although the skimmer fits in this new sump, and under the new stand, that was BEFORE I remembered the depth that the skimmer needs to be in the water. That ruined that plan of re-using. Once it's raised to the required depth, the skimmer cup is too far up, and the cup can't be removed for maintenance, not to mention removing the whole skimmer if needed. I guess I need to find one more properly sized for the current set up. (sump will remain under the DT)

For those of you with internal skimmers, that reside under the display tank, what skimmers have you used that are quiet and well worth the money. I really like my Reef Octopus, but since I need to buy a new one, I will weigh the options of other brands, and the best bang for the buck.

CaseyWagner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
curious, where the heck did you buy that? I can only find one place online, which is Talis Us
Order through local fish store.
What Seachem decided to do was create a line of products that you can only get through your independent fish stores in order to help keep them in business.
Pretty awesome of them really.

Back