Skimmer in same chamber as Filter Roller?

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2018
Messages
1,767
Reaction score
2,071
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting a filter roller and skimmer and was planning on putting them into the same chamber.... While designing my sump, I realized the water level shifts (with a filer roller) could be problematic. But I've never used a filter roller so I'm, not sure how drastic it is? I was hoping to save space this way, but should I design the sump with a separate filter and skimmer chambers?
 
Last edited:
bump
Walter-White-and-Aaron-Paul-High-Five-Chest-Bump-Of-Glory.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new