Skimmer input

  • Thread starter Thread starter Topekoms
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Topekoms

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2015
Messages
608
Reaction score
641
Location
Milton, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love the octo regal series plus they have a auto shut off
 
How much are you looking to spend? It will be hard to make recommendations without knowing your budget
 
I have had very good luck with both the Reef Octopus and the NYOS (my current) skimmers. Both are quiet and easy to take apart to clean.
 
Some of the best and reliable units are :
Nyos
IceCap (which I currently use)
AquaMaxx ( Which I had 2 different models)
Reef Octopus
 
I am currently running the Nyos 220 and definitely one of the best skimmer I have (previously had Reef Octopus, Eshopp, Deltec). The only minor issue with Nyos is sometimes it has difficulty restarting!
I think there was a brand new Nyos 300 for $1k in the classifieds.
 
I am currently running the Nyos 220 and definitely one of the best skimmer I have (previously had Reef Octopus, Eshopp, Deltec). The only minor issue with Nyos is sometimes it has difficulty restarting!
I think there was a brand new Nyos 300 for $1k in the classifieds.
What size tank are you running the 220 on?
 
I love my Curve skimmer. I'm running the Curve 7 on my 125.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new