Ca. 445
Mg. 1320
Kh. 8
P04. 0.04
No3. 10
Salinity 1.025
Clarisea 5000
Skimmer: octo elite 150s placed as per the recommended hight
The issue is the old skimmer octo regal stopped skimming and I replaced it by the elite and running now for almost 2 weeks.
Massive of micro bubbles comming out of the skimmer, no skimate at all, only bubbles no foam created.
I've been in the same issue for more than 2 months, and I thought the old skimmer was broken but it seems something going wrong. Will never imagine the amount of micro bubbles
Please help

DraggingTail

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm dosing red sea coral nutrition daily and the tank is over 11 fish my nitrate is 10 and po4 is 0.04, green algae is covering some rocks.
Not sure if what I mentioned is related to DOM.
Not sure. Maybe film needs to build up

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmers are a royal pain in the rear end for me as well. I run an airline from outside to help with ph and I run into overflow issues constantly even with a very short run of tubing. Guess the winter cold and skimmers don't get along very well.

OP
OP
MGAMAL

MGAMAL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmers are a royal pain in the rear end for me as well. I run an airline from outside to help with ph and I run into overflow issues constantly even with a very short run of tubing. Guess the winter cold and skimmers don't get along very well.
They really are, I wish to get this pain out I'm trying for the past 3 months especially the sump started to smell.
I don't have any overflow, however, I doing the same and running an outside air line, not facing that cold weather, I'm living in the Gulf area, today it is 73°F

Reef Bed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s it set at on the controller ? I believe they have a controller you can set it at (1-4 or something like that) and the water level in the chamber? I know you really need to play around with the controller to get adequate skimming. I use to have the bubble blaster with no controller and it was a monster with my 3000 cone skimmer. It finally broke and i got the varios pump with controller. It took me a few weeks to get it dialed in and not spit out micro bubbles.

PEP12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank: reefer 250 running for 1 year
Water parameters:
Ca. 445
Mg. 1320
Kh. 8
P04. 0.04
No3. 10
Salinity 1.025
Clarisea 5000
Skimmer: octo elite 150s placed as per the recommended hight
The issue is the old skimmer octo regal stopped skimming and I replaced it by the elite and running now for almost 2 weeks.
Massive of micro bubbles comming out of the skimmer, no skimate at all, only bubbles no foam created.
I've been in the same issue for more than 2 months, and I thought the old skimmer was broken but it seems something going wrong. Will never imagine the amount of micro bubbles
Please help

Coral Reef Keepers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s it set at on the controller ? I believe they have a controller you can set it at (1-4 or something like that) and the water level in the chamber? I know you really need to play around with the controller to get adequate skimming. I use to have the bubble blaster with no controller and it was a monster with my 3000 cone skimmer. It finally broke and i got the varios pump with controller. It took me a few weeks to get it dialed in and not spit out micro bubbles.
X2! I found the sweet spot for my regal 200 is on setting 4 with the water level set right where the cup meets the body. Nice thick foam with a dark tea colored skimmate.

OP
OP
MGAMAL

MGAMAL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried all the settings and hights, I believe it's water issue however the parameterd looks fine

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back