Skimmer keep bubbling over with skimmate

leighton.bingham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else’s skimmer bubble over with skim mate like this? I empty the skimmer and clean it like every two days right now. But this won’t stop, I tuned it down some yesterday and it still over flowed.
Thanks in advance.

could it be cause I feed reef roids and phyto fest daily?

53662140-B644-4490-86D0-AF0B86E4AB33.jpeg

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be.
First thing I’d check is the the Venturi fitting, where air hose connects to skimmer. If it’s clogged/restricted it will cause less air which = more water = overflow

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else’s skimmer bubble over with skim mate like this? I empty the skimmer and clean it like every two days right now. But this won’t stop, I tuned it down some yesterday and it still over flowed.
Thanks in advance.

could it be cause I feed reef roids and phyto fest daily?

53662140-B644-4490-86D0-AF0B86E4AB33.jpeg
It’s probably pulling out the Roids and phyto feast, that’s its job. Your probably putting too much in and throwing your money down the sink. What have you got in the tank, nonphotosynthetic corals?

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree it probably pulling out the food you’re feeding. Last week I picked up some food and didn’t read it has a stabilizing gel in it and it did the same thing and overflowed my skimmer. My normal foods never do .

OP
OP
leighton.bingham

leighton.bingham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s probably pulling out the Roids and phyto feast, that’s its job. Your probably putting too much in and throwing your money down the sink. What have you got in the tank, nonphotosynthetic corals?
Never thought about it pulling out the roids and phyto. Let me find the list of coral that I have ill post it here.

OP
OP
leighton.bingham

leighton.bingham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas? I have feed reef roids in two days and it’s still bubbling out the top holes and I turned the skimmer all the way down.
Could it be skimming to dry?

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas? I have feed reef roids in two days and it’s still bubbling out the top holes and I turned the skimmer all the way down.
Could it be skimming to dry?
Just keep cleaning it out, it should subside. I don’t suppose your using bleach on a filter sock or something? Purigen or something like that?

OP
OP
leighton.bingham

leighton.bingham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just keep cleaning it out, it should subside. I don’t suppose your using bleach on a filter sock or something? Purigen or something like that?
Thank you for the reply. I dont have any filter socks I have plastic filter cups with GFO and Carbon in there.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back