Skimmer Maxspect Or Nyos

PapitoDelSol

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2025
Messages
79
Reaction score
44
Location
France
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Need to buy my skimmer.
I’m hesitating between the Maxspect sk 200 and the NYOS 120.
My setup will be around 180-200 L after putting rocks.

Which one is the more adaptable for me? I know Nyos is ok but don’t know if the Maxspect will be too much.

I will have little bio load first year.

Thank you!
 
There are several differences to consider:

Brand: NYOS vs Maxspect Jump - NYOS has been around longer and is known to be a quality product. Maxspect is newer, but their Jump line has been well received
Power: AC vs DC - I believe that the NYOS skimmer has a bullet-proof AC pump, whereas Maxspect has a DC pump (more flexibility)
Size: 120 vs 200 - this partially depends on the bioload, but either will work and the 200 may be overkill (however the DC will allow you to turn down the pump and still give you flexibility if you move to a bigger tank).

Good luck with whatever you choose!
 
Thanks!
I think too both are good brand.
You are right for the motor, AC for Nyos and DC for Maxspect.

At first (1-2 years), I will just have soft, anemone, some détritivore and one fish.

I know the NYOS will be ok but I’m afraid the Maxspect will be too powerful. What do you think?
 
Thanks!
I think too both are good brand.
You are right for the motor, AC for Nyos and DC for Maxspect.

At first (1-2 years), I will just have soft, anemone, some détritivore and one fish.

I know the NYOS will be ok but I’m afraid the Maxspect will be too powerful. What do you think?
I don’t believe it hurts to buy an oversized skimmer and to run it at a lower setting. You just have to factor in price and space. I use a skimmer. I like that it helps with nutrient export but the primary reason I run a skimmer is for the aeration benefits.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new