Skimmer not working, complete beginner

Salamander-Hime

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 2, 2022
Messages
125
Reaction score
91
Location
Nova Scotia
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I received a second hand protein skimmer and I’m trying to run it but I can’t seem to get it to bubble. Any clue how to fix this? Thanks :)
 

Attachments

  • FullSizeRender.MOV
    24.7 MB
Hi everyone, I received a second hand protein skimmer and I’m trying to run it but I can’t seem to get it to bubble. Any clue how to fix this? Thanks :)
Looks like a fluval that gave me problems a while back
At end of video when you turned valve and the water went down , thats where you want it. Also if its more than 8" down in water, it may only draw water.
Now that water is down, allow it to seed itself and start working
 
Looks like a fluval that gave me problems a while back
At end of video when you turned valve and the water went down , thats where you want it. Also if its more than 8" down in water, it may only draw water.
Now that water is down, allow it to seed itself and start working
It’s been like this for like 2 days haha, still no bubbles :(
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new