Skimmer over flow

HTXReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to use seachem coralcrete for the first time to place coral on my rock. My skimmer has been overflowing since Sunday. Is there something I should be doing to get this to stop?

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to use seachem coralcrete for the first time to place coral on my rock. My skimmer has been overflowing since Sunday. Is there something I should be doing to get this to stop?
You can try raising it up in the water column or adjusting the air flow going into the skimmer .

I bought a ceramic table with adjustable legs my skimmer sits on . So now it sits level about 4 inches off the sump bottom and runs smoothly !

mindme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not familiar with coralcrete specifically, but you can either remove the cup and wait for the effect to go away, or you can keep emptying out the cup and remove whatever it is that's causing it. Think of it as like a water change, because you'll need to replace the water that overfills.

It's hard to say which is specifically the best answer because it depends on the cause. Sometimes you don't want to remove it from the water. Sounds like in this case it wouldn't hurt to remove it from the water, but at the same time it may fix on it's own after a few days.

OP
OP
HTXReefer

HTXReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine just overflowing right now. Still want the aeration. I’ll try to raise it and see what happens

Just a Wrasse.

The biggest wrasse fan.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 part epoxy is known to wreak havoc with skimmers for days. Like suggested, raise it up, or just let it overflow until it calms down.
Yeah, I still remember. And so does my floor.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 31 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.4%
Back