skimmer overflowing

reef tank 2.0

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 12, 2021
Messages
760
Reaction score
323
Location
Cincinnati
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when it comes to feeding time, I turn off my return pump, as well as the powerhead in the tank. When I do this, obviously the DT water drains down into the sump. During this process, the skimmer always overflows with water. It's the only time it does it. I can't figure out why the skimmer keeps filling with water.

does this happen to anyone else? how can I stop this from happening each time?
 
It’s due to the increased water height in the sump. It will do it every time. Shut down your skimmer while the return pump is off to prevent this from happening.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new