Skimmer Overflowing

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Icecap K1 Nano in a Nuvo 10 that is overflowing. What should I do to make it stop overflowing? Should I change the water level in the rear chamber or put the skimmer on a stand?

SplashReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you've made an addition to the tank whether its coral (the epoxy and superglue), new rocks, sprayed aerosol in the house or even stuck your hand in with something it doesn't like; its going to overflow. In my experience, get comfy on the floor and let it fill up, remove the cup and dump in a bucket. Eventually you will have removed everything that it's "rejected" from your tank and it'll be happy again.

Alternatively, increase airflow into the pump. You should have a valve on it.

OP
OP
encrustingacro

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you've made an addition to the tank whether its coral (the epoxy and superglue), new rocks, sprayed aerosol in the house or even stuck your hand in with something it doesn't like; its going to overflow. In my experience, get comfy on the floor and let it fill up, remove the cup and dump in a bucket. Eventually you will have removed everything that it's "rejected" from your tank and it'll be happy again.

Alternatively, increase airflow into the pump. You should have a valve on it.
Oh yeah I epoxied some zoanthids to a rock recently. That’s probably why it’s overflowing. Also, if I keep dumping the contents in a collection basket wouldn’t that mess with the salinity?

SplashReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah I epoxied some zoanthids to a rock recently. That’s probably why it’s overflowing. Also, if I keep dumping the contents in a collection basket wouldn’t that mess with the salinity?

I redid my rockscape using basically an entire stick of epoxy and ended up taking out about 1/2 a gallon of water.

It would not mess with salinity considering the water you're taking out is just like the rest of the water in your tank...except dirty. It will mess with your water level...so don't do this until you've got some mixed water ready to replace what you remove.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back