Skimmer Upgrade - Which two models?

Hmm, What red macro algae do you use? Also, I don't have a sandbed in my fuge. Do you think that has a large impact in phosphate reduction? I would immediately assume the sandbed would just be another detritus trap.
Well its to early to tell if the sandbed is doing anything. In the future it may keep no3 at 1ish. That is the goal anyway as long as its <5 im good though. It wont do anything for po4.
A detrius trap probably not as I do not feed it except a few pellets to keep the snails and hermits happy. I do not plan on any fish in the fuge. Still stocking it too.
The fuge is fed by my return line.
The main red macro is ogo with a small bunch of dragons breath. I like the ogo as you can see the growth easily. I may remove the chaeto and did take out 75% of it.
20211119_200707.jpg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new