Skimmer water level changed.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After feeding selconwith the frozen. My skimmer water level dropped under the neck. And its been couple of hours, and didnt go back to normal. Do i adjust the valve? My reef octopus 200 INt is 2 days old but its been skimming nicely. But after feeding frozen, pellets and selcon it changed

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d personally wait several more hours. With it being new it’s hard to say but generally less is more when it comes to adjustments. If tomorrow morning it’s still low bump it up.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a look over a couple of days and then start to adjust slowly! :)

I run the same skimmer in my tank, it did take me about a week to get it just right! Do it very, very slowly!

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a look over a couple of days and then start to adjust slowly! :)

I run the same skimmer in my tank, it did take me about a week to get it just right! Do it very, very slowly!
Its filling my display tank all of sudden with micro bubbles. And its sitting below the neck

Attachments

• IMG_6151.jpeg
    IMG_6151.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 22

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its filling my display tank all of sudden with micro bubbles. And its sitting below the neck
What is the water level in your sump? :) Might be that the level is outside of the skimmers parameters. Just thinking outside of the box here. My level is 22 cm.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the water level in your sump? :) Might be that the level is outside of the skimmers parameters. Just thinking outside of the box here. My level is 22 cm.
8.5” and like i mentioned the skimmer was perfectly working till this morning after i fed a mixture of pellets, frozen + selcond. But its been few hours after :)

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8.5” and like i mentioned the skimmer was perfectly working till this morning after i fed a mixture of pellets, frozen + selcond. But its been few hours after :)
Exactly the same level as mine. Leave the level low for a couple of days and then start adjusting slowly.

When I started up my tank, I followed this guide from BRS. For me, it was very much a 'trail by error' and 'learning by burning' approach.

wlmalek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anytime you use oily food or supplement ex. (Selcon-salmon) your skimmer will collapse. Dont adjust it. It will return to its normal height after couple hours.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anytime you use oily food or supplement ex. (Selcon-salmon) your skimmer will collapse. Dont adjust it. It will return to its normal height after couple hours.
But the thing is my skimmt also new 2 days old. So it couldve been from the food or for it being new. Also it filled my tank witj bubbles

wlmalek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But the thing is my skimmt also new 2 days old. So it couldve been from the food or for it being new. Also it filled my tank witj bubbles
it could be both of them. Im using regal 150 and it do this every time I feed any fatty food. Keep the skimmer outlet away from the return pump or use bubble trap.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

• I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back