Skimmer?

armyvetheather

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a new tank and I'm fairly new to reefing. (Had a tank years ago before having to move). This is my first time using a skimmer and I'm not sure what it is I'm doing or looking for. Was told I may have to "dial in" but I'm just not sure what that even means . Don't pick on me, I just want to get it right.

OP
OP
armyvetheather

armyvetheather

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This BRS video may help you.

I can't win with this skimmer. From all my research I'm starting to think it may be too big although it's rated correctly for my tank. It takes forever to dial it in and now I can only get it to a drip if I don't want the cup to be full in 5 minutes. If I take the cup off it looks like a shower mist from below, not really bubbles? The person I bought the tank from said that it shouldn't be to be emptied but once a week, so I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. I thought about the load as well but I have more fish than the other person did. Any further advice?

It's a 90g with a 20g sump. Aquamaxx ConeS Q1 skimmer.

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Maybe some answers/help here

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a new tank and I'm fairly new to reefing. (Had a tank years ago before having to move). This is my first time using a skimmer and I'm not sure what it is I'm doing or looking for. Was told I may have to "dial in" but I'm just not sure what that even means . Don't pick on me, I just want to get it right.

We only pick on Coasties ;)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back