Skimmer

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Image1486409617.718321.jpg

Right now the sump is awaiting a new pump as the brand new one I just got took a dump :(

Running a canister in it so I can just plug and play when it arrives.
I wonder what the water height minimum was on that protein skimmer that crapped?

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never mind just looked it up most of the reviews said they broke or didn't work properly looks like just bad luck on the purchase sorry bro

OP
OP
USMC4Life

USMC4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never mind just looked it up most of the reviews said they broke or didn't work properly looks like just bad luck on the purchase sorry bro

No problem. It's just for now. I have no room or $ for other things. I wish I could trade with someone in the area. I am in NJ. Corals for gear.

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem. It's just for now. I have no room or $ for other things. I wish I could trade with someone in the area. I am in NJ. Corals for gear.
I live in Massachusetts (go Pats!) and have and old corallife skimmer you might be able to rig up for your sump, I can give it to you if you pay for shipping cost but I have to see if I can find it .

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude I just dug through everything and only found the box, I think I threw it away when my gf was giving crap about having too much clutter

OP
OP
USMC4Life

USMC4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is will it fit lol. The cabinet for this tank is way too short lol. That's what happens when you are under the gun. The skimmer I have now is 16" tall and the clearance is another 1/2 "

FugeTown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't find it man , it would of fit too but if your good with diy projects there's easy protein skimmer builds online , super cheap too that'll get you by till you can save up

Scopulum Zombie

Unconventional reefing without regret.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's just about 16" tall. The problem is that I am doing everything on the cheap. I have a new kid so you all know how that is ( no $$$$$) left for anything else lol.

I also do a lot of this hobby on a pretty strict budget. Have you checked out craigslist? Ive picked most of my equipment second hand, but found some great quality for a very fair price. That or bookoo.com if you are still near a base or this forum in the for sale section. Being that we have great members, I always see good quality products for sale and most people will ship.

Speaking from experience, if I could get the money I spent on various lesser products back and invest it into used quality gear I would. My first saltwater set-up years ago could have been sponsored by coralife. [emoji28]

OP
OP
USMC4Life

USMC4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am out of the Corps. So no active duty bases around me other then an army one lol. As for Craigslist I'm a bit wary of them based on my passed experience. But will probably will need to start looking more often. In the last 6 months I have not seen anything good.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back