Skimmers

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you buy used skimmer, I would recommend one for which you can easily find manual online as they are tricky to tune.
Run it through solution of vinegar or citric acid for a day or so.
One of my LFS has section of used gear, including skimmers, I am sure you could find something like that in Jacksonville.
I can't answer your second question as this is individual choice.DC controllable skimmers are regarded by many as superior, but they are more complicated and benefits may not be worth extra money. I used DC controlled skimmers and "regular" skimmers and they are both fine.

OP
OP
F

fancy_fish101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you buy used skimmer, I would recommend one for which you can easily find manual online as they are tricky to tune.
Run it through solution of vinegar or citric acid for a day or so.
One of my LFS has section of used gear, including skimmers, I am sure you could find something like that in Jacksonville.
I can't answer your second question as this is individual choice.DC controllable skimmers are regarded by many as superior, but they are more complicated and benefits may not be worth extra money. I used DC controlled skimmers and "regular" skimmers and they are both fine.
Ok, cool. Thank you.
i was thinking about buying a nyos quantum skimmer. He just has it laying around and is trying to get ride of it. He said he can sell it for 100 plus whatever shipping is.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 171 73.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 41 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back