Skimz Monzter CM157 Internal Calcium Reactor

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title states, is anyone running one of these units here? I bit the bullet and bought one last night and was curious if anyone had one installed, and what their thoughts were on it. I still need to get a co2 regulator for it, so it not going to be installed immediately. I can see that it is a unique design as it has the one pump pulling double duty. This will be my first time using a reactor for Ca of any sort, and have done plenty of research and poking around to see that this design is a bit different. I'm hoping it will be able to do its job regardless. I'm not planning on keeping an SPS dominant tank, but would like to have a handful or so in the mix. Its listed as being able to handle up to 300 gallons, so being at just about 1/3 of that volume, I'm hoping for the best!

Space is kind of limited around the tank so an internal one would work best for my set up. This footprint isn't beefy at all, and i can accommodate it in my skimmer or return chamber. It will be installed on a 75 RR with a 75 gallon DIY sump. Around 100 gallons or so total volume. I'm excited to get my hands on it, but thought i would reach out and see if someone else was already familiar with it on their systems...

-Thanks.

Ponraj A

RIP Mr.Donovan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 98 80.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.9%
Back