Skimz SM251

  • Thread starter Thread starter Topekoms
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Topekoms

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2015
Messages
608
Reaction score
641
Location
Milton, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a skimz SM251 that had an impeller blow out. Pump still works. So I am looking for a replacement impeller but given that Skimz dipped and closed up business I can't order once from them. Does anyone know an impeller that will work on the es5000 pump or a pump that I can replace it with that will fit the skimmer?
 
Here are photos
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20220819_203912314.jpg
    PXL_20220819_203912314.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 60
  • PXL_20220819_203918699.jpg
    PXL_20220819_203918699.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 75
  • PXL_20220819_203930168.jpg
    PXL_20220819_203930168.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 80
Your gonna want a sicce pump of around the same gph. A skimmer venturi one.
Usually they list the actual dimensions of the pump too.
I'd measure the one u got and try and get one the same. I did this awhile back on my bmk swc150. Swapped the aquabee or whatever crap pump it was.lol
D
 
Did you ever come up with anything? I’m now in same boat.
I supposedly have someone that can reach skimz but i am not hopefull. I bit the bullet and bought a redsea skimmer. If my contact can get the parts i am requesting i will let you know. I didn't try any other pumps until my contact has a chance. I guess they talked to skimz 6 months ago but i am not holding my breath.
 
I supposedly have someone that can reach skimz but i am not hopefull. I bit the bullet and bought a redsea skimmer. If my contact can get the parts i am requesting i will let you know. I didn't try any other pumps until my contact has a chance. I guess they talked to skimz 6 months ago but i am not holding my breath.
From what I’ve read I thought skimz closed down shop and is no longer a company. Hmmm yea please let me know if you come up with any impeller for es5000 or even es5000 pumps I need 2 but would take 4. I have 2 of these skimmers 1 with 2 bad impellers and the second I’m to scared to shut off and check now………
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new