Skimz trouble shooting

Discussion in 'Bulk Reef Supply' started by paphater, Nov 8, 2018.

1. paphater

paphater Well-Known Member

I know you handle warranty replacements for Skimz but do you handle and sort of trouble shooting? My Skimz SM 163 will start up upon being plugged in but then the pump stops after about an hour, with the controller lights still on. I'm trying to figure out if it's a problem with the pump, controller, or power supply. The pump itself is as clean as can be.

Tags:

2. Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor Partner Sponsor 2019

3. randyBRS

randyBRS BRStv Host :-) R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

In my experiences with the SM163 pump, both sides of the coin were known to be cause of issue. From the sounds of yours, since your pump does power ON seemingly fine, I would venture to guess that it is a controller issue. Open and honest, we had quite a few issues with the 163 and 143 pumps but since then Skimz had made changes to both (in driver and pump).

I'm pretty sure these have been phased out on our end, but if you got it from us a while ago you should give Jason a quick call and see if there is anything we can do. :)

paphater likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted