Skin problems on my Foxface

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mundeez
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mundeez

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 7, 2016
Messages
253
Reaction score
251
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this guy for a week, and the other day i could see a brown slime/algae looking coat on his skin and fins. In the video you can see him dart off at the 1 minute mark and whatever is on his skin kind of peels off...then he comes back to eat it[emoji37] [emoji40] . Can anyone tell me what's going on? Tank is only 2.5 months old, and did just go through a mini cycle of what I've been told are dinos. Thanks for looking.

 
I dont' see any dinos in your tank and they don't grow on the fish, so I wouldn't worry too much about that part. I'm not entirely sure what that was on the foxface that came off when he darted off like that, but it's possible it was just part of his slime coat. I could be remembering this wrong, but I think foxfaces can produce a very thick slime coat at times. Possible he was simply shedding the excess?

He looks healthy otherwise. Maybe @Humblefish can spot something I'm not seeing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new