What are these marks on my Foxface Rabbit fish?

  • Thread starter Thread starter strich
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

strich

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2024
Messages
781
Reaction score
972
Location
Queensland, Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Foxface recently came up with these marks on black area of his chin/chest. I've only had him for about 3 months so I'm new to this kind of fish. Is this standard skin variation or standard temporary damage? Or indicative of something worth more concern?

It's only on 1 side of his body.

1000012283.jpg
1000012284.jpg
 
My Foxface recently came up with these marks on black area of his chin/chest. I've only had him for about 3 months so I'm new to this kind of fish. Is this standard skin variation or standard temporary damage? Or indicative of something worth more concern?

It's only on 1 side of his body.

1000012283.jpg
1000012284.jpg

Tough to say. When lesions are only on one side of a fish, or in a localized area, that tends to point towards some sort of mechanical injury, as skin parasites tend to be more randomly distributed.

I would just watch closely for now - look for it spreading, or any change in the fish's feeding rate, etc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new