OP
OP
liverock

liverock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I go out this morning to test run my generator ....turn the key...stater clicks once...then nada...starts a 25kw Diesel Kuboto genny. Ran it nine days straight after Irma.

If you are in the path...check your gennys...I start mine on the fist of each month...and did on nov.1st.....it started fine...but not today...battery dropped a cell........trip to napa, $160 later.....genny is purring again...check your equipment folks!

U

User1

View Badges
Yeah - a good reminder actually for any living with similar weather conditions.

Interesting enough I was just looking at my tank this morning and thinking I could use some more rock...maybe this is a sign.

OP
OP
liverock

liverock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GMZ853-091715- Coastal waters from Englewood to Tarpon Springs FL out 20 NM- 440 AM EST Mon Nov 9 2020 TROPICAL STORM WARNING IN EFFECT TODAY Tropical storm conditions. northeast winds 30 to 35 knots with gusts to around 45 knots then becoming east around 20 knots in the afternoon. Seas 5 to 7 feet. Bay and inland waters extremely rough. A slight chance of thunderstorms in the morning. A chance of showers. TONIGHT East winds around 20 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Bay and inland waters choppy. A slight chance of showers in the evening. A slight chance of thunderstorms after midnight, then a slight chance of showers toward morning. TUESDAY East winds around 20 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Bay and inland waters choppy. A slight chance of thunderstorms. A chance of showers in the afternoon. TUESDAY NIGHT Tropical storm conditions possible. Southeast winds around 20 knots with gusts to around 30 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Bay and inland waters choppy. A chance of showers in the evening. A slight chance of thunderstorms. WEDNESDAY Tropical storm conditions possible. Southeast winds 20 to 25 knots. Seas 6 to 10 feet. Bay and inland waters rough. A chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms. WEDNESDAY NIGHT Tropical storm conditions possible. A chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms. THURSDAY Tropical storm conditions possible. Showers likely and a slight chance of thunderstorms. THURSDAY NIGHT Tropical storm conditions possible. A chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms. FRIDAY Tropical storm conditions possible. A slight chance of thunderstorms. $$

OP
OP
liverock

liverock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who wants to go for a boat ride...

FRIDAY Southeast winds 30 to 35 knots diminishing to 20 to 25 knots. Seas 14 to 18 feet. Bay and inland waters extremely rough. A slight chance of thunderstorms.

OP
OP
liverock

liverock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is real special......AGAIN!

GMZ853-111730- Coastal waters from Englewood to Tarpon Springs FL out 20 NM- 502 AM EST Wed Nov 11 2020 TROPICAL STORM WARNING IN EFFECT HURRICANE WATCH IN EFFECT TODAY Tropical storm conditions with hurricane conditions possible. Southeast winds 25 to 30 knots increasing to 35 to 40 knots with gusts to around 50 knots in the afternoon. Seas 10 to 14 feet. Bay and inland waters extremely rough. Widespread showers. TONIGHT Tropical storm conditions expected with hurricane conditions possible. Southeast winds 50 to 60 knots then becoming south 45 to 55 knots after midnight. Gusts around 75 knots. Seas 14 to 18 feet. Bay and inland waters extremely rough. Widespread showers. THURSDAY Tropical storm conditions expected with hurricane conditions possible. Southwest winds 30 to 35 knots with gusts to around 45 knots then becoming west 20 to 25 knots in the afternoon. Seas 14 to 18 feet. Bay and inland waters extremely rough. Numerous showers. THURSDAY NIGHT Northwest winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 5 to 7 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. Scattered showers. FRIDAY Northwest winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. Isolated showers. FRIDAY NIGHT North winds 15 to 20 knots then becoming northeast 5 to 10 knots after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop.

And has turned....coming to see us AGAIN

1605093102688.png

OP
OP
liverock

liverock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More storms this year than any other year in recorded history.....2020 has just been a real special year!

Went for my walk this morning...a lot of trees down, debris, but not to bad.....water was the biggie, lots of flooding in our area. Power went off a few times last night.....storm hit us about 1:30 am....we have power again! Did not have to start the genny.....

OP
OP
liverock

liverock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a vaccine for bad weather?????

GMZ853-171745- Coastal waters from Englewood to Tarpon Springs FL out 20 NM- 314 AM EST Tue Nov

17 2020
SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM EST THIS MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING TODAY Northeast winds around 20 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Bay and inland waters choppy.

TONIGHT Northeast winds around 20 knots increasing to 20 to 25 knots in the late evening and overnight. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Bay and inland waters rough. WEDNESDAY Northeast winds 20 to 25 knots diminishing to around 20 knots early in the afternoon, then increasing to 20 to 25 knots late in the afternoon. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Bay and inland waters rough. WEDNESDAY NIGHT Northeast winds 20 to 25 knots diminishing to around 20 knots in the late evening and overnight. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Bay and inland waters rough. THURSDAY East winds around 20 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Bay and inland waters choppy. THURSDAY NIGHT Northeast winds around 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. FRIDAY Northeast winds around 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. FRIDAY NIGHT Northeast winds around 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. SATURDAY Northeast winds around 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. $$

OP
OP
liverock

liverock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have really had enough!!

GMZ853-192215- Coastal waters from Englewood to Tarpon Springs FL out 20 NM-
1010 AM EST Thu Nov 19 2020
SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT THIS AFTERNOON

Northeast winds around 20 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Bay and inland waters choppy. TONIGHT Northeast winds around 20 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters choppy. FRIDAY Northeast winds around 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. FRIDAY NIGHT Northeast winds around 20 knots diminishing to 10 to 15 knots after midnight, then increasing to around 20 knots toward morning. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters choppy. SATURDAY Northeast winds 10 to 15 knots increasing to around 20 knots late in the morning, then diminishing to 10 to 15 knots in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters choppy.

U

User1

View Badges
I have really had enough!!

GMZ853-192215- Coastal waters from Englewood to Tarpon Springs FL out 20 NM-
1010 AM EST Thu Nov 19 2020
SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT THIS AFTERNOON

Northeast winds around 20 knots. Seas 2 to 4 feet. Bay and inland waters choppy. TONIGHT Northeast winds around 20 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters choppy. FRIDAY Northeast winds around 15 knots. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop. FRIDAY NIGHT Northeast winds around 20 knots diminishing to 10 to 15 knots after midnight, then increasing to around 20 knots toward morning. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters choppy. SATURDAY Northeast winds 10 to 15 knots increasing to around 20 knots late in the morning, then diminishing to 10 to 15 knots in the afternoon. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland waters choppy.

I'm trying to see if there is any silver lining in any of this but the only thing I can think of is that your rock is going to be like a aged bottle of wine. Every day and storm that passes your rocks are aging more and more turning into even more awesome rocks. More everything as the critters find refuge.

Never the less hoping the wind, storms, and other nasty things Mother Nature throws your way subsides. All the best!

MPCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't catch a break this year, Richard! Hang in there it's gotta turn one of these days.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back