Slap me HARDER!!!!!

liverock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely the worst winter we have had for diving in my 45 years of being out there......one front after another......small craft warnings almost daily. Then after it blows like this, as it has been doing for almost two months now....there is ZERO visibility out there diving. Usually I am able to get out in a weather window......but this year there is no windows. I feel for you folks up north as you must be getting some very special weather like us here in 'sunny' Florida . Those waiting for rock have been very patient, being we are into two months of no diving.....Thanks!

WEDNESDAY NIGHT South winds 10 to 15 knots increasing to around 20 knots after midnight. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Bay and inland waters choppy. A slight chance of showers in the evening. THURSDAY South winds 20 to 25 knots. Seas 6 to 8 feet. Bay and inland waters rough. A slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. THURSDAY NIGHT South winds 20 to 25 knots then becoming west around 20 knots after midnight. Seas 6 to 10 feet. Bay and inland waters rough. A slight chance of thunderstorms in the evening. Showers. A chance of thunderstorms after midnight. FRIDAY Northwest winds around 20 knots then becoming north 10 to 15 knots in the afternoon. Seas 6 to 8 feet. Bay and inland waters choppy. A chance of showers in the morning. FRIDAY NIGHT Northeast winds 5 to 10 knots increasing to around 15 knots after midnight. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop.

OP
OP
liverock

liverock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE
TONIGHT
SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY
MORNING

TODAY
South winds around 20 knots increasing to 20 to 25 knots in
the afternoon. Seas 5 to 7 feet. Bay and inland waters rough. A
chance of showers in the afternoon.

TONIGHT
Southwest winds 20 to 25 knots with gusts to around
40 knots then becoming west after midnight. Seas 9 to 11 feet. Bay
and inland waters rough. Showers.

FRIDAY
Northwest winds 20 to 25 knots diminishing to around
20 knots in the afternoon. Seas 9 to 11 feet. Bay and inland waters
rough.

FRIDAY NIGHT
North winds around 10 knots then becoming northeast
after midnight. Seas 5 to 7 feet. Bay and inland waters a light
chop.

SATURDAY
Northeast winds around 10 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Bay
and inland waters a light chop.

SATURDAY NIGHT
Northeast winds 5 to 10 knots then becoming east
15 to 20 knots after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland
waters a moderate chop.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know...that forecast looks like a dream to me lol. I guess it would be different if I needed to be out on the water though.

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH LATE
TONIGHT
SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY
MORNING

TODAY
South winds around 20 knots increasing to 20 to 25 knots in
the afternoon. Seas 5 to 7 feet. Bay and inland waters rough. A
chance of showers in the afternoon.

TONIGHT
Southwest winds 20 to 25 knots with gusts to around
40 knots then becoming west after midnight. Seas 9 to 11 feet. Bay
and inland waters rough. Showers.

FRIDAY
Northwest winds 20 to 25 knots diminishing to around
20 knots in the afternoon. Seas 9 to 11 feet. Bay and inland waters
rough.

FRIDAY NIGHT
North winds around 10 knots then becoming northeast
after midnight. Seas 5 to 7 feet. Bay and inland waters a light
chop.

SATURDAY
Northeast winds around 10 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Bay
and inland waters a light chop.

SATURDAY NIGHT
Northeast winds 5 to 10 knots then becoming east
15 to 20 knots after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 feet. Bay and inland
waters a moderate chop.
Sounds like good sailing weather, south wind on the stream, would be able to eat up some miles!

I also feel your pain, a friend of mine and I have been trying to go skiing/snowboarding every weekend on Mt Hood and it has been blowing like crazy and have not been able to go.

OP
OP
liverock

liverock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup...really tough winter....worst one I have ever seen diving wise....but......it will get better....someday lol...:)

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely the worst winter we have had for diving in my 45 years of being out there......one front after another......small craft warnings almost daily. Then after it blows like this, as it has been doing for almost two months now....there is ZERO visibility out there diving. Usually I am able to get out in a weather window......but this year there is no windows. I feel for you folks up north as you must be getting some very special weather like us here in 'sunny' Florida . Those waiting for rock have been very patient, being we are into two months of no diving.....Thanks!

WEDNESDAY NIGHT South winds 10 to 15 knots increasing to around 20 knots after midnight. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Bay and inland waters choppy. A slight chance of showers in the evening. THURSDAY South winds 20 to 25 knots. Seas 6 to 8 feet. Bay and inland waters rough. A slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. THURSDAY NIGHT South winds 20 to 25 knots then becoming west around 20 knots after midnight. Seas 6 to 10 feet. Bay and inland waters rough. A slight chance of thunderstorms in the evening. Showers. A chance of thunderstorms after midnight. FRIDAY Northwest winds around 20 knots then becoming north 10 to 15 knots in the afternoon. Seas 6 to 8 feet. Bay and inland waters choppy. A chance of showers in the morning. FRIDAY NIGHT Northeast winds 5 to 10 knots increasing to around 15 knots after midnight. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Bay and inland waters a moderate chop.

Want some cheese with that whine? Come to buffalo for a winter! HaHa

OP
OP
liverock

liverock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been there done that back in the early '80s....in Maine -25 below for two weeks...was real special!

U

User1

View Badges
Sorry to hear. I was reading in another thread someone who was waiting for some rock to be shipped by you. My comment was wait it out :) Best stuff out there and well worth the wait.

I know it isn't about the water temperature but I bet it is still warmer than here in Cali :) It is the surface of course I'm sure that makes it a bear. Do the storms seem to effect any of the life underwater at your sites? I'm guessing fish and what not don't really care?

OP
OP
liverock

liverock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Storms impact is.....huge seas and no visibility afterwards...we had some tornado action down here last night.....real powerful front...special weather :mad:

U

User1

View Badges
Storms impact is.....huge seas and no visibility afterwards...we had some tornado action down here last night.....real powerful front...special weather :mad:

No visibility - that makes sense. Sort of need that to collect. Hope the weather gets better for you.

You know, I have on my bucket list a drive from Cali to Key West. Just for fun and say I was at the Southern most part of the US. I wonder how a box or two of your rocks would handle the drive home :)

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Luckily your rock i got last month is nice and comfy warm in its new home.

Maybe you need an underwater tractor to just drive along the floor and scoop stuff up. :D

OP
OP
liverock

liverock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lucky reefer...you are...got your rock......and thanks to all the folks waiting....due to weather....things will get better here....always does....eventually......I have been seven weeks without a diveable day....worst winter year I have ever had on 40 years of doing this......we will try again this week....

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'ld take your inclement weather any day (this time of year). I walked 1/4 mile across a frozen lake this morning lugging fuel for a friend who ran out of propane for his ice-fishing house. But here we think of it as "God-like" because we CAN walk on water.

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not being able to stay warm while ice fishing is hardly the same as not being able to pursue your livelihood. I've frozen my butt on Minnesota lakes for a few days at a time but I still got paid at the end of the month. Good luck liverock. Hope it turns in your favor soon.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back