Slave or Sync, MP40 QD? whats the difference

Corey Baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off thank you for any input. So i am trying to figure out if there is a difference and if so what is best for my situation. So, here we go...

i have two MP40 QDs, one on each side of my 44" long tank. I typically use the nutrient transport setting. Recently adding the second MP40 i am trying to determine what route. I have been successful in making one the slave and then i went into my reeflink and sync'd the two. what i noticed is when one is in slave the LED flashes different colors, didnt notice if there was a difference in performance. When i added both to the reeflink and sync. it appears they run exactly the same is this best if i am running the NTP setting for these?

Thank you again for any experience or insight you might share.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t run my vortech via reeflink; I use apex so take my comments as directional. Master and slave determines which pump follows which. Synch is a mode that tells the slaved pump to do whatever the master pump is doing. If you were to select anti synch as the mode then the slaved pump would do the opposite.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One will be the master, the other the slave. In sync mode the slave will mirror the same settings as the master, same speed/duration, etc... In anti-sync, the slave will do the opposite of the master, so if the master is at 80% the slave will be at 0% (or whatever the lowest setting is?), then the slave will be at 80% and the master will be at the lowest. This is how you create a standing wave is pulse mode or NTM. Ecosmart Back is when a third pump is used in Tidal Swell Mode.
https://support.ecotechmarine.com/h...h-mode-and-which-one-is-best-for-my-aquarium-

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prefer anti sync but use my mp40 with apex not reeflink. I use nutrient transport mode and tidal swell modes, both with the other mp40 anti sync

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have 4 mp40's and I run reefcrest 80% of the time, with NTM twice a day (once AM and PM) and lagoon at night. I use anti-sync during reefcrest and NTM. Lagoon, everything runs independent of each other. The back wall runs ecosmart back during NTM, but follows the master's programming at my own power settings for everything else. Hopefully this makes sense?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.7%
Back