Sleeper Banded Goby

natrev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went in for some coral today and picked up a sleeper banded goby as well. I have pretty coarse sand and now I’m worried he won’t be able to sift through it. Anyone have any experience with this?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I went in for some coral today and picked up a sleeper banded goby as well. I have pretty coarse sand and now I’m worried he won’t be able to sift through it. Anyone have any experience with this?
They should be able to but be careful, these guys will starve as soon as your sand becomes pristine and white. This is because most of their nutrients and diet is from the sand and it’s a pain to replicate those nutrients in captivity especially in a small tank. If your tank is 4’x2’ it should be alright as generally Atleast some of the sand remains with life and it can replenish any areas of dead spot.

As for the sand, if you’re able to can we see a photo of it?

OP
OP
N

natrev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should be able to but be careful, these guys will starve as soon as your sand becomes pristine and white. This is because most of their nutrients and diet is from the sand and it’s a pain to replicate those nutrients in captivity especially in a small tank. If your tank is 4’x2’ it should be alright as generally Atleast some of the sand remains with life and it can replenish any areas of dead spot.

As for the sand, if you’re able to can we see a photo of it?
I have a 32 Biocube with a good layer of the larger sand. Some way I can get more food to him? My lfs said he’s not hard to keep but I don’t think he remembered how large my sand is.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 Biocube with a good layer of the larger sand. Some way I can get more food to him? My lfs said he’s not hard to keep but I don’t think he remembered how large my sand is.
Unfortunately he’s likely to starve, are you able to get Atleast 4 feedings in a day?
If so then you’ll want to vary the food you give to him.

OP
OP
N

natrev

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately he’s likely to starve, are you able to get Atleast 4 feedings in a day?
If so then you’ll want to vary the food you give to him.
What feedings do you recommend? I’m currently feeding the fish pellets once a day and frozen brine shrimp a second time.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 98 80.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.9%
Back