SliceGolfer's IM NUVO Fusion 15g LPS AIO

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers! I've mentioned that in addition to my IM 40L SPS reef, I have two IM15g tanks. This one is dedicated to LPS corals and my affliction with Favias. I thought it was time to share this build with everyone and keep a diary of growth, ups and downs, and LPS goodness!

This tank was started September 1, 2023 so we're about 110 days old at this point. I used CaribSea life rock, smashed up and glued back together to create the scape. Tank was cycled with MB7 and ammonium chloride. In November, I added a scoop of live sand and one rock that came with my TBS Saltwater Pico Package, which I used to seed my IM 40L SPS tank.

I introduced two small Black Storm Clowns (now in the 40L) and then added a Tailspot Blenny, Yellow Watchman Goby, and a Bangaii Cardinal once the Clowns moved to the 40L.

If you have Banded Trochus Snails, and they breed, you know you have an endless supply of grazers. I moved a dozen Trochus babies from my SPS 15g tank to seed this one, and ReefCleaners supplied the Astrea, Dwarf Cerith, Porcelain Crab, Blue Legged Hermit, and Fighting Conch.

I will be adding a couple more pieces to the tank, but for the most part I have purchased some of my most favorite LPS corals and will not be adding anything else. I'm interested in seeing how the tank grows and fills in. I am considering some photosynthetic Gorgonians to add height to the scape in the future. Or mounting some rock to the back wall for height and dimension.

Thanks for viewing!

Display Tank
Innovative Marine NUVO Fusion 15g AIO
15"x15"x15"

Stand
Husky workbench (supports 1200lbs so I think I'm good ;))

Water Movement
Sicce Syncra 1.5
Jebao SOW-8 Wavemaker

Lighting
Noopsyche K7 Viii Pro
Apogee MQ-510 PAR Meter

Skimmer
Bubble Magus Mini-Q (Not installed)

Control
Neptune Apex PM1 for pH and Temp monitoring
Neptune DOS
Neptune ATO (FMM & sensors)
Inkbird heater controller
BRS 200w titanium heater

Dosing
Tropic Marin A- Elements
Tropic Marin K+ Elements
Kalkwasser
Trisodium Phosphate (depends on P04 needs)
Calcium Nitrate (depends on N03 needs)
Ammonium Bicarbonate (depends on N03 needs)

Substrate
CaribSea Special Grade

Filtration and salt
InTank Floss Holder
Poly-fil floss
Fritz RPM Blue Salt

Photos:

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 9.01.05 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 9.02.02 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 9.02.52 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 9.03.19 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 9.03.57 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 9.04.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 9.05.08 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 9.05.34 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 9.06.13 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 9.06.49 PM.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
SliceGolfer

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grabbed a few new pieces and they're settling in nicely. Really interested in seeing how this Blasto does over time!

iPhone with Reefing Art lens

IMG_1415.jpeg

IMG_1416.jpeg

IMG_1414.jpeg

OP
OP
SliceGolfer

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is looking good tonight!

IMG_1423.jpeg

OP
OP
SliceGolfer

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy New Year!

This 15g LPS tank is starting to look like a happy little reef. I had a few battles over the past month with some dinoflagellates in the sand, and found the nutrients consistently bottomed out. Feeding heavy and dosing calcium nitrate and trisodium phosphate helped aid me in winning this war.

I'm noticing coralline algae popping up all over. On the rocks, powerhead, snail shells, even the back wall of the AIO. I swear Kalkwasser is the magic bullet if you want quicker coralline growth. And it helps with pH while maintaining Alk and Calcium. Win, win, win.

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 12.37.58 PM.png

The Blastos I got a few weeks ago are struggling. Not sure if it's too much light, not enough direct feeding, or simply being picked on by the Tailspot Blenny. It has responded well to Reef-Roids so going to continue this and see if it comes out of the funk. The teal & red Acan has sprouted 5 babies heads so I think this is going to be a fast grower in the future. And the Holy Grail Micromussa is up to 7 heads now, which is nice!

Trying some new camera settings on my iPhone based on a thread I saw from Koralito. Going to raise the exposure a tad and see if I can dial in the settings. Not bad however!

IMG_1508.jpeg

IMG_1582.jpeg

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy New Year!

This 15g LPS tank is starting to look like a happy little reef. I had a few battles over the past month with some dinoflagellates in the sand, and found the nutrients consistently bottomed out. Feeding heavy and dosing calcium nitrate and trisodium phosphate helped aid me in winning this war.

I'm noticing coralline algae popping up all over. On the rocks, powerhead, snail shells, even the back wall of the AIO. I swear Kalkwasser is the magic bullet if you want quicker coralline growth. And it helps with pH while maintaining Alk and Calcium. Win, win, win.

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 12.37.58 PM.png

The Blastos I got a few weeks ago are struggling. Not sure if it's too much light, not enough direct feeding, or simply being picked on by the Tailspot Blenny. It has responded well to Reef-Roids so going to continue this and see if it comes out of the funk. The teal & red Acan has sprouted 5 babies heads so I think this is going to be a fast grower in the future. And the Holy Grail Micromussa is up to 7 heads now, which is nice!

Trying some new camera settings on my iPhone based on a thread I saw from Koralito. Going to raise the exposure a tad and see if I can dial in the settings. Not bad however!

IMG_1508.jpeg

IMG_1582.jpeg
Great Photos? What phone and settings are you using? Also, are you using Orange filter?

OP
OP
SliceGolfer

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @jphilip813! Depends which photos you're referencing. The first photos at the top of the thread were taken with a Sony A6400 DSLR with a Sigma 105mm macro lens with a 85b filter in aperture mode (f11). The last photos were taken with an iPhone 12 Pro with a Reefing Art 20K orange clip on filter with the phone in Portrait mode. The f stop is adjusted to 1.4 and the exposure is set to -0.3 to -0.7 depending on each photo. The lighting is usually towards the end of the day with blue, cyan, and UV, no white, no red, no green. Hope this helps!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back