Slight Flesh Damage on Acro

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 280gal tank has been up for a year and is stocked with fish, inverts and LPS. All parameters have been stable for 2 months. Lots of Coraline Algae growth on dry reef rock and overflow. Even on sand bed. Figured it was time to start adding some cheaper Arco's to see if they take. Went to LFS today and picked out a Green Slimer and an unidentified Acro. Dipped and put into Coral Quarantine Tank. Set PAR level to 125 due to LFS tank was at 110 PAR but will ramp up slowly to 200-250 PAR over the next few weeks. When in main tank will acclimate to 350-400 PAR over a month period. Attached is a photo of the unidentified Acro that has a little flesh damage on the upper right tip. Should I leave it or cut it off? If I cut it should I do a iodine dip? Also the frag is incrusting over the frag plug so I am assuming I need to leave the plug attached when I put it in the main tank. I may be able to cut a little of the plug off.
Any thoughts on the type of Acro this is and to cut or not cut?

acro damage.jpg

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find similar very often when having acros shipped. I just leave them be and it seems to do fine majority of the time. Occassionally a tip will die completely within several days and then i will snip if off just so algae dont grow on it.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back