Slightly Cloudy Water

@FFFishy Did you tank end up clearing up? I seem to be having very similar issues to yours. Tried ChemiPure Blue but that didn't seem to make a difference.

I tried various 'filtration' methods, including adding Seachem Clarity (a flocculant). Most of my experiments cleared the water for a day or two. I was pretty sure the cloudiness was due to some sort of algae. So, I tried Top-Fin Algae Remover. I've had some experience with this chemical in fresh water tanks before. Used incorrectly, it's death and destruction. I added 5ml, waited 45 minutes, and added another 5ml. My total water volume is 210 gallons -- so I was very cautious and used very little. Overnight (12 hours) later, my water was clear and the cloudiness has not returned. No harm was done to the tank inhabitants (a few fish, snails, hermits).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new