Slim trash as water Reservoir

shahprincea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I have a limited space 10 1/4 and i need to have a reservoir for mixing salt water and if I can parition I can also hold RO Water.

I was thinking of buy Jum Slim Trash. However, the width is 11 inch. Can i trip the lip on either end ??? will it impact its capacity to hold 23 gallon in any ways ?

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I have a limited space 10 1/4 and i need to have a reservoir for mixing salt water and if I can parition I can also hold RO Water.

I was thinking of buy Jum Slim Trash. However, the width is 11 inch. Can i trip the lip on either end ??? will it impact its capacity to hold 23 gallon in any ways ?

You can mod the container in any way you like. My concern would be the material that the container is made of and if it will leech chemicals out into your water and tank.

OP
OP
shahprincea

shahprincea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh I never though about it. Any suggestion how to avoid it or any brand which is known to not leak chemicals.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh I never though about it. Any suggestion how to avoid it or any brand which is known to not leak chemicals.

Anything made by Brute is usually good. Isn’t the prettiest solution, but, I’ve always been about function, personally.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 47 48.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 52 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.2%
Back