Slow Acclimation Program

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Wrasse-cal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious about the pre-programmed "slow acclimation" program on my Atlantik v4.

It looks to me like the program is just set to repeat each day--i.e., not ramp up over days or weeks to a different program like "coral growth" for example. Maybe I'm missing the point of the program, but I'm not finding it that useful.

May I suggest the possibility of adding to the app the ability to automatically program slow acclimation to start at the slow acclimation levels and then gradually ramp up to a different program of the user's choice over a set period of time at a selected rate?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not cool, Orphek. :-(

I'd really like a reply.

They don't use forums much so I will reach out to them for you! :) They are really good peeps!

OP
OP
Wrasse-cal

Wrasse-cal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They don't use forums much so I will reach out to them for you! :) They are really good peeps!

Thanks, Rev. That being said, I see Orphek has been active in other threads. So I'm just a bit miffed.

mrjoev

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Orphek I would like to know if this is possible. or am i supposed to change it manually.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change it manual. It flat out sucks. I don't know why they can't push it thru an update via wifi or something. But I switched to orpheks from halides about 7 weeks ago. I was told to by Orphek support that I only needed 1 week of acclimation mode. I went ahead and did 5 then switched over to "color and growth" and have lost some pieces and some others look like they might go too. I am beyond disappointed. I'm not blaming anyone at all - I'm also suggesting am acclimation similar to how Kessil does it. Slowly ramps up to the end goal.

Corey

Hersheyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it'll depend on your previous light setup and settings. Just as any new light setup it's recommended to acclimate the new lights to your system slowly. Ecotech programming and is much more developed compared to orpheks, as it will slowly ramp up for you. Unfortunately orphek does not have that feature you will need do it manually. I switched over from ATI T5/Led hybrid system, pretty ramped up lights, so when I switched over to full orpheks I skipped the acclimation period and went full on 100%. Keep in mind I had a par meter so it made the transition a lot easier.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back