Slug Pest/Hitch Hiker Infestation Outbreak!

Wturn89

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

This is my first time on a reefing forum. I made an account because I can’t find any information regarding what’s going on in my tank.

32 gallon LED Biocube

All levels are completely fine and the tank is doing great other then the literal 2 - 300 slugs that seemed to develop over night.

I’ve counted at least 200 that I’ve removed via turkey baster.

From everything I’ve tried to learn, I believe it’s a solar powered sea slug or an Elysia Slug. They’re about a half inch in length and there’s also very small ones. Looks like a typical slug with 2 horns on the front with a split down its back, brown in color. I really don’t think it’s flatworms at all. It also will curl into a ball and float in the current to another spot. I can’t tell if they’re eating my corals or not but since they’re all over I believe they’re eating all the algae.

Everytime I remove as much as I can, 20 minutes later they’re all back.

Does anybody know what they are and how to get rid of them? Is there a fish or something that will eat them like a 6 line? I HATE THEM.

I also just assume they will keep laying eggs so I believe I’m screwed. Any help would be much appreciated!

9D3D0FC9-EBDF-4899-9D18-48442190D0F3.png 894DABE9-0F92-49A8-8039-7C28E1826A4A.png 760257E1-40D0-4EE5-B8AB-4AC7D0A70343.png 8608D4FC-AB6C-4F3C-A4CF-F750CE83BEF7.jpeg 9EDA8A1B-CF85-4CCF-8C88-586C54045597.jpeg D49742B6-DDB7-4503-A552-4E5E14AE1146.jpeg C2CBF806-1E44-4388-AFA8-441CBD276AFB.jpeg
 
Thank you very much for your knowledge!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new