Slurping Noise From External Fuge

mrsaltwaterguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I just installed an external fuge onto my 75 seahorse tank and I'm getting a slurping noise. Right now I have a pump putting in water and a single overflow removing water after a single baffle. It seems the water level continues to fluctuate after the baffle and it periodically makes a slurping noise. How can I prevent that noise (preferably without adding a second overflow).

Thanks!

Pockets

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the Return pump is not matched to the overflow gph I had something similar I drilled a hole in one of the overflow elbows and put a tube in so it could draw air. But it sounds like your overflow is filling up and then once it's heavy enough it sucks down then that Slurp is the air bubble getting sucked in and breaks the siphon and repeats either need a smaller pump or bigger overflow or get air in there constantly. Is the overflow line to sump under water if so that can make back pressure slowing the flow try getting it above the waterline and see if that helps

IMG_1333.JPG

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back