Smaall bugs in my tank

AdriaanReefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2020
Messages
9
Reaction score
4
Location
South Africa
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm new to the saltwater hobby and everything I see that I did not add to the tank freaks me out. I have these small white bugs on my glass I read about them and it sounds to me like some sort of copepod. I fed my tank cyclops at the start when I added my first fish as the banggai cardinal did not eat anything else at the start. I started with dry rock and sand so no hitch hikers, I did the cycle and I see one or 2 of these things at the start didn't bother me so I added a clownfish and a soft finger leather coral all doing well but now these thing are everywhere. I use my algae magnet to get them off but the next day they are all back. They mostly sit on the algae that forms on the glass.(Sorry for the low quality picture)

bugs.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new