Small "Anemone/Coral" Identification Help

Bento

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2020
Messages
29
Reaction score
7
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I spotted something growing in my tank a roughly a week ago and didn't really think much of it. And today I noticed it has slightly increased in size (it's now ~0.5cm). It looks like it could be an anemone maybe. It's clear/pale brown with some fluro yellow/green balls on the tips of the tentacles and possibly on the "body". The tentacles retract when snails etc get close.

I've attached some photos from my phone there not the best but may help.

Thanks for your time and any help :)

IMG_20200301_170633.jpg IMG_20200301_171125.jpg IMG_20200301_172340.jpg
 
Last edited:
Maybe a type of cup coral or ivory tube coral...hard to tell.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new