Small gyre in Biocube 32 placement.

firekc

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2025
Messages
37
Reaction score
15
Location
Kansas City
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for recommendations/ advice or some images of others who have a gyre in their nano cubes trying to dial in the flow. 400 gph return with random flow nozzle on it and 1056 gph mini gyre at 60% 2 seconds on/off pulsing.

IMG_AB610657-998B-4517-B2EE-41B1F6E128CD.jpeg 79605693123__3732EDF5-682E-4552-85A0-119357288DD3.jpeg IMG_0082.jpeg
 
I guess the main question is, can you set it strong enough for any corals to be happy, but not so much flow to where your fish are getting blown around? 😉👍🏻
 
I don't know much about the modes or flow rate but try putting it on the opposite wall of where your return pump is and place it farther back on the wall to get flow around the back of your rocks. Deadzones tend to form right under return pumps in small tanks since the return pump usually won't flow all the way around and pick that up.
 
1774495837092.jpeg


On my BioCubes, I like to split the return nozzle so half breaks the water surface for aeration. If you keep the original single nozzle, I'd use that for surface, and rely on your gyre for flow. 😎
 
Thanks im gonna try opposite wall flow and dropped it down to 600 gph and flow is great
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0114.jpeg
    IMG_0114.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 30

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new