Small power heads

Charley75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my standard 90, I’m running a pair of the ReefBreeder Reef Power pumps that I really like, but getting detritus build up in lower back corners. I was thinking about adding 2 small power heads. One on each side near the bottom of the center overflow, directed out towards each cane corner. Any recommendations for small pumps to fit the bill?
TY

stevolough

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my standard 90, I’m running a pair of the ReefBreeder Reef Power pumps that I really like, but getting detritus build up in lower back corners. I was thinking about adding 2 small power heads. One on each side near the bottom of the center overflow, directed out towards each cane corner. Any recommendations for small pumps to fit the bill?
TY
39163C6A-1D19-4619-BAC0-BA127EE278DD.png

OP
OP
C

Charley75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to either attach to back glass near the bottom of the overflow box, or to bottom of the actual box. Not sure if I could do that with this one.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you said you like your current pumps, but think about gyres, they are the best to get flow into those corners, and everywhere else.

Otherwise I used to have small aquamai pumps hidden in the rockwork to get those back corners.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that pump adjustable at all? Not that it matters really, but I don't see in the description if it is or not.
You can't adjust the speed (fixed), but the wavemaker itself pivots and is quite adjustable in terms of direction. I run one in my Red Sea sump just for circulation.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can't adjust the speed (fixed), but the wavemaker itself pivots and is quite adjustable in terms of direction. I run one in my Red Sea sump just for circulation.

Gotcha... I was wondering in terms of like pulse function or ramp up and down, blah blah. For the function intended here a set speed would be fine as long as not digging holes out of the sand... lol

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’d like to either attach to back glass near the bottom of the overflow box, or to bottom of the actual box. Not sure if I could do that with this one.
Here a link to the first suggested powerhead in this thread ,I think you was concerned that it wouldn't stick to glass as doesnt look like it would in picture,but if press on link and read description then says has anti vibration magnetic hold upto 12 mm glass ^_^

Edit: think link I shared is 2000 litres a hour so that converts to just over 500 gph so over twice as powerful as first suggested powerhead but just Google the powrrhead suggested to get information on it and more than likely the smaller powrrhead going have magnet also as cant see no manufacturer giving you a powerhead to just dangle in tank without no means of securing it to glass without a suction cup or magnet ha ha

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back