Small pump with very high head pressure

JCSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a small pump that’s capable of pumping from first story to second story in my house. Trying to pump water up from my mixing station to my tank when needed.

sbash

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far do you need to pump exactly?

I have (and currently) used mag pumps in a couple different systems to pump from one level in the house to another. They are low cost, reliable, but a tad loud (especially compared to DC pumps).

danner-pond-pump-specs.jpg

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm only aware of two types of pumps with that sort of head. I think you're basically looking at peristaltic pumps, which are good for low flow rates measured in the ml/min, or larger return pumps.

Assuming you have a 120 that I see you mentioned in another thread, I'd consider getting something like a Blueline 55 to run the mixing station, then turn a few valves to get the water upstairs. Royal Exclusiv and Abyzz make internal DC pumps that would handle that head, but $$ and $$$. Jebao might make something, but my only experience is a DC12000 that could just make it from my basement to display with about 10 feet of head for a few days before going to my mixing station.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 162 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back